Torridge Coastal
Mission Community


St Margaret's Church Northam
St Margaret's Northam

ACNY   Facebook

St. Margaret’s Church is a Grade 1 listed building dated from Norman times. The north aisle was added in 1593. The tower is 170ft. high and houses eight bells. For many years the tower acted as a landmark for shipping in Bideford Bay and was painted white on the seaward side.

There is seating for 200 in pews plus additional chairs. Recent refurbishment has included clearing an area at the back of the Church which is now being used for meetings, refreshments and small group worship. At the same time the Font was moved to near the main door of the church which has given more space for Baptism families. The front of the Church has also had some pews removed and the floor in front of the chancel levelled to make a space for more flexible worship, concerts and presentations etc.

Home